Monday, August 20, 2012

Candice Olson's Divine Colors

The list of television designers whose work I admire is very, very short, and Canadian designer Candice Olson is at the top. For years I've watched her programs on HGTV, and I can think of only one instance where the result just didn't work for me. I suspect the client was responsible for those questionable choices because Candice Olson knows her stuff.

For this reason when I heard that she'd been asked by Benjamin Moore to create a palette using her favorite Benjamin Moore colors, I was very eager to see them. With thousands of colors to choose from, she selected forty to create a signature collection described as "... a look that is current yet timeless - fresh, yet familiar." The colors are "a sophisticated, nature-inspired collection of timeless, unique color combinations for any room in your home."

Take a look at the palette and see what you think:


Here's Candice in a YouTube video talking about her favorite neutrals:




Most of the colors in the collection are neutralized, and all are easy to live with. Many would work well together, making easy to choose a coordinated color plan from her selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment