|Front of the House After|
Here's how the house looked on the day of the estimate:
|Front Side Before|
|Front Door and Storm Door Before|
Red, White and Blue
|Right Front Window Before|
Note the Small Scale Trim
|Downspout and Chimney Flashing Before|
|Garage Side Before|
The Lower Half Looks Unfinished
|Patio Area Before|
Vinyl and Paint Colors Don't Work
|Patio Door Before|
|Back of the House Before|
After we walked around and talked, we started looking at large color samples on every side of the house with their different lighting conditions. Eventually, the winning siding color was Benjamin Moore Alexandria Beige HC-77. We used premium quality Aura Exterior Paint throughout.
How Color Selection and Strategic Placement Addressed The Issues
- To make the house look unified and less lop-sided, I suggested that the new siding color be similar in value to the brick, and that the foundation be painted in the body color. Because the lot is shaded, a darker color would have looked gloomy, but Alexandria Beige worked well with the brick, roof, and patio.
- The white downspout and the chimney flashing on the front side needed to disappear, so we matched the brick and painted them in Georgian Brick HC-50.
- To add interest, the fascia was painted in Fairview Taupe HC-85.
- The trim around the vinyl windows was very skimpy and plain. To make the trim look larger and reduce the contrast between the siding color and the vinyl, we used a lighter color than the siding, Stone Heath #984, and Roger painted not only the existing trim, but the fixed metal edge of the window.
- The front door and the storm door were painted in Aura matched to Sherwin Williams Sealskin SW7675.
- The patio door and storm door were painted in Alexandria Beige.
|Front side looking left|
|Front Door After|
|Front Window After|
|Downspout and Roof Flashing After|
|Garage Side Almost Finished|
|Patio Area After|
|Patio Door After|
Our clients were thrilled by the way the house looked when we were done, and we were almost as happy as they were.
If your house needs a makeover, call Sandy at (828) 692-4355 to schedule an estimate. We can achieve the same kind of results for you!